Custom Search

Horizontal

Our Links

Harbhajan dedicates Padma Shree to father

On: Tuesday, January 27, 2009


Jalandhar, Jan 26: Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh on Monday said he felt "honoured" at being chosen for the Padma Shree Award by the government of India and dedicated it to his late father.

Harbhajan and Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni are the two cricketers who will be conferred with the prestigious award.

"I am glad that I was selected for the prestigious award and it's really an honour for me," the Indian off-spinner, said after unfurling the National Flag at a Republic Day function today.

The offie, who will miss the Sri Lanka tour due to injury, said he is happy to get the award, which also adorns the cupboard of senior pros Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid.

"I am lucky to get selected for the award, which has already been conferred on great cricketers like Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid and now I along with MS Dhoni will also get the same," he said.

"I got a call from union sports ministry, day before yesterday about the award, but I did not disclose it to anybody and finally my name was announced yesterday."

Flanked by his mother Avtar Kaur, Harbhajan dedicated the award to his late father, relatives and friends.

0 comments on "Harbhajan dedicates Padma Shree to father"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...